Tuesday, April 7, 2009

my endless search for the world's most incredible sewing machine for really cheap and rockets


I have been looking, although not intensely, for the "perfect" sewing machine. It has been about 6 to 9months. I have found some nice machines online but I have the lemon fear. I bought a brand new Volkswagen Jetta in 1999 and it turned out to be a complete lemon. By the time I figured it out, it was too late to legally get my $$ back. so...I think I have a fear of buying a sewing machine that will end up being the same type of deal. I also really want a great machine! A machine that will not break if I use it a lot, sewing just about any material, even a soda can. I have been looking on eBay and I saw pictures of an industrial machine sewing soda cans. I wanted that one but it cost too much. ...But I did finally "put a bid" as they say on a Viking sewing machine which seems to have a good reputation. here is the one So if you know about machines and want to give me some input, it would be greatly appreciated. The last time I bought a sewing machine was in like 1998 or something and I hastily bought it without having done research. It is a terrible machine that barely ran correctly that is sitting in my closet, broken. I am excited to get one sometime though, and I have been dreaming about some projects I want to do.
Today: To fill my creative void I offered to my 4-yr-old son Galliano to build a rocket from his wooden blocks and then glue them together and then paint it. He loved the idea. He built one and I built three. It was fun. I may regret later using his nice building blocks to do this or I may have saved a little money. Creativity in 2009 is necessary, right? So tomorrow we will paint and I will post some pics.

2 comments:

the fourth samba said...

I love the joint with the green semi circle block glued on the structure. Illness

You gotta make a post about Gali's phrases

Love you babe

Lynne Ghenov said...

i will son