Friday, May 22, 2009

enjoying my girl

Lately I have been trying to treasure my time with my 19month old Mia and it has been working! The stage she is in, is undeniably cute and continues to melt my heart. Maybe the weather has lifted my mood a bit but I am tired of mothering being so difficult. So I am shutting out the "responsibilities" and setting aside what I want to accomplish and just giving in to playing with the littles. It has been working out great. I am enjoying my kids more and feel less weighted down. The laundry will get done some how. Maybe magically or ...when my mom comes to visit.

This morning Mia and I had the entire morning together until Galliano got out of school at 2pm.

We had an adventure....gave her a good breakfast and she was happy ready to go.

start of the day.

We went to the Providence Place Mall down town...and we went right to the piercing pagoda. Basically it was like 1, 2, 3 easy. She pointed to the star earrings that were kind of huge, so I picked littler triple-star shaped earrings. She sat on my lap with a berry smoothie in hand. The nice girl who worked there put dots to mark the spots on her ears and then she pierced the left ear. Mia did NOT cry. I was amazed. She may have been in shock. Then the right...and she started to cry but not even a very big cry at all. I was easily able to distract her and we walked off hand in hand both wearing earrings! so fun.

We of course stopped at the studio for daddy to see on the way home.






end of the day.

1 comment:

Justine said...

Hi Lynne!
I came across your blog today.:) Mia is sooo cute!! Makes me want a little girl sometime. I always wanted all boys...but, I think I'd like to throw one girl into the mix!

Motherhood is one of the hardest but most rewarding jobs, I'm finding. I have my frustrating days and wonderful days with it. For some reason I thought that while staying home with Gideon I would have all this extra time to do whatever...boy was I wrong!! haha!

Enjoy your weekend!